Monday, November 3, 2014

Movie Theater Etiquette


Movie Theater Etiquette


gloveandboots:
How to Behave at the Movies
A funny and accurate video on how the ideal movie goer should behave.
Last weekend I saw Gone Girl at 9:30pm, and my friends and I were the only ones in the theater. We were able to goof around during the previews and not worry about anyone saying anything to us.

However, once the movie started, one friend had kept using his phone. The start of the movie was quite slow, and even I was tempted to check and see what the vibration I heard on my phone was. But once the movie started getting intense and required our full attention, I didn’t touch my phone until the end of the film.

I think that phones are used to escape reality — don’t know anyone in a room? Go on FB on your phone. Went on a date and the kid's a total weirdo? Text your friend an S.O.S. Movie boring you half to death? Live-Tweet it with the movie's hashtag.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve definitely been to a movie theater and looked at my phone more than I should’ve been, but it was during a movie that didn't grab my attention and hold it for its entirety.

No comments:

Post a Comment